As part of Brentford Together, a three-year partnership project which encourages and promotes healthy living, we are running a selection of free workshops seeking to boost health and wellbeing.
Over the last year we have run over 60 workshops ranging from sewing, knitting, cooking, gardening and bike maintenance. We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help share and support these workshops with the wider community.
Volunteers will be working alongside the project manager to:
- Attend a training session where you will learn motivational interviewing skills. These will support you in speaking with people in your community who may be at risk of social isolation or health problems
- Help on stalls at public events (such as Brentford May Fayre) to promote the workshops
- Attend workshops to gather feedback from participants
- Provide event support during our monthly ‘taster days’ where we will showcase workshops
- Support meetings between the project manager and local organisations
- Assist the project manager in any additional activities and events which may arise
Each volunteer will have the opportunity to gain a health and wellbeing-related Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) qualification. Please indicate on the application form if you would be interested in this opportunity.
Timings are flexible but ideally you would be available for an average of one day per week, for two to four hours for a three-month period. No formal experience or qualifications are necessary. Training will be provided, and a DBS check will be conducted.