Sustainable City Awards 2017
July 5 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Venue : The Crystal, Royal Victoria Docks, Siemens Brothers Way, London, E16 1GB
Date: Wednesday 5th July 2017
The Sustainable City Awards are a national “green business” awards scheme administered by the City of London Corporation. They aim to recognise and reward best practice in environmental management and sustainable leadership. The awards were established in 2001 attract applications from SMEs and charities to multi-national banks and corporations. The awards are free to enter and no charge is made for attending the awards ceremony.
1. Health and Wellbeing – For best practice in promoting working environments and cultures which benefit the wellbeing of workers or citizens.
2. Innovative Technology – Application of new technology for smarter, more sustainable city life.
3. Innovative spaces – Mitigating the effects of activities on climate change, or adapting operations to reflect the impact of climate change. Best practice to conserve resources in buildings and business.
4. Sustainable Transport – Innovative schemes encouraging sustainable forms of travel, reducing the impact of traffic and transport on the environment, or tackling air pollution.
5. The Farsight Award – Integrating traditional financial analysis with longer term issues such as climate change, corporate governance and human capital.
6. Sir Peter Parker – To the organisation which best demonstrates leadership in sustainability. This organisation will be chosen from the winners and highly commended entries in each of the above categories.
7. Overall Winner – The organisation that best demonstrates a pioneering approach to innovation and leadership in sustainability will be presented with the Overall Winner’s trophy.
Read about last year's winners here.