“The students ran a series of campaigns, wrote a rap song, made leaflets and questioned Neil Coyle (local MP).” - Teresa Crowley, Careers Coordinator, Notre Dame High School
In March 2016 a YouGov poll revealed that London parents see toxic air as ‘the biggest health threat to their children’. In response to this health threat, schools from all over London have taken part in our curriculum-based investigation into air quality.
As a result of working with LSx you will have:
- Support to develop Air Quality Action teams, made up of volunteer pupils, teachers and pupils
- Training in citizen science for pupils and teachers and equipment including ghost wipes, diffusion tubes and lichen investigations to measure pollution near the school(s)
- Lively lessons delivered by experts in the subject, as well as access to lesson plans
- Pollution data collected, analysed and mapped by us
- Easy-to-use tools to measure new learning and changes in travel habits in your school community
If you are a school, academy group or local authority interested in working on air quality, please call us on 0207 234 9400.