Air Quality Volunteer
London Sustainability Exchange is looking for a volunteer to assist with our Clean Air 4 Schools programmes.
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to gain a greater understanding of air quality issues while preparing resources and designing workshops for young people. You will gain a range of skills and knowledge including:
- Project management
- Communicating with stakeholders
- Designing and facilitating citizen science experiments
- A practical understanding of air quality challenges in London and the South East
- Sustainable transport topics like anti-idling and active travel
- GIS data mapping skills
Who are you?
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with a range of stakeholders
- Experience or an interest in air quality issues
- ‘Can do’ self-starting attitude and ability to work as part of a small team
- Proficient MS Office user
- Experience with QGIS or similar is desirable but not essential
The role will be based in our Borough office. Applicants must be able to commit to at least two days a week (9:30 – 5) for at least 8 weeks. Reasonable travel and subsistence expenses may be covered.
If you are interest in this volunteering position or any of the other positions advertised, please contact Jack Alexander.
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your CV
- A paragraph on why you are interested in the position
- An indication of your availability
- Include the title of the position you are most interested in in the subject line