Poor air quality contributes to serious health problems in our city, including asthma, heart disease and lung disease. Sadly, children are particularly at risk because of their smaller lung capacity and proximity to vehicle exhausts.
When communities work together, even small changes in behaviour can make a significant difference to the levels of harmful pollution in the local environment. Our air quality programmes help people to understand air quality issues better, empowering us all to adjust our own behaviour, and to engage effectively on local planning and decisions for a cleaner, healthier London.
We encourage communities to get involved and have their say about air quality issues in their area, consultations are a great way to do this.
You can find out more about the current consultation which our communities have been responding to and have your say too!
It only takes a few minutes to fill them out:
- Draft London Environment Strategy. Have your say!! (Deadline Nov 17th)
- Draft Mayor’s Transport Strategy 2017. (Now closed)
- Write to/ Email your MP about Planning and Pollution and the Mayor New T-Charge.
- Take part in other Air Quality Campaigns!!
- Read our response here to the Draft London Transport Strategy.
- How can the planning regime help? (Blog)
LSx has also contributed to the National Air Quality Plan Consultation, you can see our contribution in this report.