Building on his BSc in Psychology, Ben completed an MSc in Climate Change Management at Birkbeck College, University of London, focusing his dissertation on individual engagement and climate change.
After graduating, Ben joined Waste Watch, working across London on a number of projects where he developed an interest and passion for waste and recycling. Ben has strong analytical and communication skills. He has published articles in the Ecologist and worked with The Carbon Coach.
Ben worked in Environment and Regeneration as the projects and operations assistant for host borough, Waltham Forest during the Olympic year, while volunteering for Essex County Council’s ‘Wastebusters’.
Ben joined LSx in January 2013 having gained experience in the charitable and public sectors through range of environmental focused jobs. As Project Direct, Ben oversees projects and contributes to insight and analysis, the development of LSx programmes and projects. Notable projects include: Faith & Water/ Energy, Air Quality, and the creation of Toolkits for schools and communities. Ben oversees LSx’s annual performance management and monitoring and is the appointed lead for data protection & GDPR. Ben has represented LSx at a number of large events, including UCL’s Integrated Network for Social Sustainability, the London Region Pollution Study Group and, alongside the NEA, provided training at the London Big Energy Saving Network training session for DBEIS.
Recent achievements include:
- Developing the award-winning (Utility Weekly) Faith & Power Toolkit with UK Power Networks (2017)
- Updated the Cleaner Air 4 (primary) Schools Toolkit with the FIA Foundation (2017).
- Contributing to the awarding-winning (Water Wise) Faith & Water Toolkit with Thames Water & UCL (2015)
- Publishing a Top-30 paper ‘Green Entrepreneurs: Encouraging Enterprise Development in Deprived Communities’ at the Sustainable Innovation – Circular Economy Innovation & Design Conference (2016)
- Creating the Cleaner Air 4 Secondary Schools Toolkit with East Herts Council (2014)
Outside of LSx, Ben has worked on a number of award-winning ‘upcycled art projects’ that have been exhibited in Chelsea Arts Cook House Gallery & The Battersea Arts Centre, he offers monthly up-cycling, craft and sustainable workshops for communities in Maidstone, Kent for the charity Involve, where he is also a Trustee.