Air Quality Volunteer
From time to time volunteers are recruited to support our Cleaner Air 4 Schools programmes.
Our air quality volunteers gain a greater understanding of air quality issues while preparing resources and designing workshops for young people. You will gain a range of skills and knowledge including:
- Project management
- Communicating with stakeholders
- Designing and facilitating citizen science experiments
- A practical understanding of air quality challenges in London and the South East
- Sustainable transport topics like anti-idling and active travel
- GIS data mapping skills
Who are you?
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with a range of stakeholders
- Experience or an interest in air quality issues
- ‘Can do’ self-starting attitude and ability to work as part of a small team
- Proficient MS Office user
- Experience with QGIS or similar is desirable but not essential
Volunteers are based in our Borough office. Applicants must be able to commit to at least two days a week (9:30 – 5) for at least 8 weeks. Reasonable travel and subsistence expenses may be covered.
To apply email Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your CV
- A paragraph on why you are interested in the position
- An indication of your availability
- Include the title of the position you are most interested in in the subject line